Using and redeeming coupons will soon be hassle-free with the new Commissary Rewards Card.
Testing for the new rewards card will begin in early August at the Fort Lee store, kicking off the first of three pilot phases that will culminate in 30 stores testing the new cards.
The cards, which will only be available at commissaries, are easy to use:
- Once you get your card in a store, you will need to visit DeCA's website to register the card and load digital coupons to your account. You can register your card HERE. As an introductory offer, customers who pick up their cards by Oct. 24 will receive preloaded digital coupons on their cards for use in the commissary that day.
- You can print your saved offers from the "My Coupons" tab on your account if you'd like a list to carry with you when you go shopping.
- Once the card is scanned at the register, the coupons will be matched to purchases and the savings automatically deducted.
- New offers will typically be posted online every two to three weeks.
- It is up to the manufacturers that issue the coupons, but in most cases, they will only allow one coupon per customer.
- Digital coupons, just like their paper counterparts, have expiration dates and other terms and conditions that must be followed for redemption. However, digital coupons will not be accepted for up to six months after expiration overseas as paper coupons are.
- Once a coupon expires, it will disappear from the customer's account.
- DeCA's coupon policy limits coupons to one per purchase requirement, so these digital coupons cannot be combined with manufacturer coupons, including paper coupons and military or commissary coupons.
- There will be no overage allowed on digital coupons. None of the coupons available through the Commissary Rewards Card will be valid for more than the price of the item you are purchasing.
- If you purchase an item and end up returning item, you cannot reuse coupon. Coupon will no longer be available on your account.
As an incentive, customers who register their card by Oct. 24 can enter the 2012 Commissary Rewards Card "Home for the Holidays Sweepstakes" sponsored by Dr Pepper/Snapple for a chance to win round-trip airline tickets for four to anywhere in the states, lodging in a hotel room that accommodates four for six days and five nights, and $1,000 spending money. The sweepstakes entry form will appear at the end of the registration process online.
News Release: Fort Lee to test new Commissary Rewards Card
Frequently Asked Questions