30 things about my invisible illnesses you may not know.........
1. The illness I live with is:
not just one illness; fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraines, depression, TYPE 1 Diabetes Mellitus
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year:
fibromyalgia=2010, chronic fatigue syndrome=2010, migraines=2010, depression=2007, TYPE 1 Diabetes Mellitus=1984
3. But I had symptoms since:
fibromyalgia=2007, chronic fatigue syndrome=2007, migraines=2010, depression=2007, TYPE 1 Diabetes Mellitus=1984
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is:
5. Most people assume:
I am normal
6. The hardest part about mornings are:
neck pain. body is sore EVERYWHERE.
7. My favorite medical TV show is:
Greys Anatomy DUH
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is:
9. The hardest part about nights are:
falling asleep is hard sometimes. PAIN
10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins.
4 Pills, 2 Vitamins plus pain meds/headache meds if needed
11. Regarding alternative treatments I:
Get heat therapy/massage weekly. Helps a ton.
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose:
invisible. I have always had diabetes TYPE 1 and it has never kept me from doing anything.
13. Regarding working and career:
I have 4 young kids. Enough said.
14. People would be surprised to know:
How much pain I am in and how little energy I have DAILY.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been:
not being able to do things I used to do like spending the day with the family having fun, because I’m in so much pain, because I don’t have the energy,because I am so sleepy.
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was:
Exercise. I am currently walking when I feel well. Going to work up to a run one of these days.
17. The commercials about my illness:
are fake. You cannot take a special pill and be all better.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is:
Having energy from sun up to sun down taking care of my family.
19. It was really hard to have to give up:
Having the energy to do all the mom and wife stuff I would like to do.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is:
EVERYTHING. I have made so many wonderful creations in the past year. When I am having a hard day instead of sulking about it I sit here and create things.
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would:
Family fun day
22. My illness has taught me:
positive self talk
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is:
nothing..................Jesus thinks I am OKAY!!!!!!!! I am a GEM in his eyes.
24. But I love it when people:
ask how I am.
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is:
Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls "help God," gets help
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them:
It will be okay. This illness will make you grow in faith.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is:
fibromyalgia= How hard I can push myself. Some days I just want to rest but that is not possible with 4 youngins.
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was:
Leaving me in peace and quiet.
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because:
People need to know
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel:
thankful that you care.